1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
12 corn tortillas
Olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water and steam for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken into small pieces. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the chicken in a bowl with the garlic powder, salt, cumin, and cheese.
- Place 2 corn tortillas at a time in between 2 damp paper towels and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to soften them (this will also prevent them from cracking when rolling).
- With 1 tortilla in front of you, place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the side closest to you and roll it up. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and filling.*
- Place the taquitos seam-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet, spray the tops lightly with olive or canola oil spray, and bake for 25 minutes, or until crisp.
*At this stage, the taquitos can be frozen in labeled zip-top bags for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, continue from step 7.
Tip: If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, use 2 cups and follow from step 4.
- Main Dishes