Sure, he lets the kids make messes and doesn't always clean them up, but there are other traits that make my husband a wonderful dad. And, contrary to my children's belief, it is not because he's fed them frozen fruit bars for breakfast on occasion. Here are five of the reasons why my son and daughter are so lucky.
- I've never seen him more in awe then when our daughter was born and he announced, "It's a girl!"
- I've never seen him more relieved then when our son was born and he shouted, "It's a boy!" knowing he finally had an ally.
- He's passed up career advancement to spend time with our kids.
- While I was out of town, he took our kids on a trip too. He bought a tent and strung Christmas lights around the living room where they "camped."
- When he takes the children to the park or on daily outings, he has more fun than they do and he could care less what the other parents think.
Tell us why your child's dad deserves a fabulous Father's Day!