Wee ones love helping to wrap presents, but if their small hands make maneuvering the big packages more of a hassle, set the kids up with a quick art project that will hold their interest. Made from the cotton makeup cloths you have in the cabinet, these frosty lil snowmen gift tags double as ornaments for the recipient's tree. For directions on how to make these simple creations with items found around the house and for step-by-step pictures,
You will need:
- Cotton makeup cloths
- Paper clips
- Take a cotton round and put a dot of glue on one edge and then secure another round to it. Do the same with that round until you have three in a row to form a snowman shape.
- Use a pen or marker to write your gift tag info on one side of the snowman.
- Flip the snowman over and decorate by adding coal eyes, a carrot nose, buttons, scarf and hat. Or whatever you prefer
- Using a scissors snip a small hole in the top of the snowman's head.
- Next take a paper clip and open it up a bit to resemble an ornament hook.
- Slip the hook through the hole and your tag becomes an ornament.
- Hook the ornament through the bow of your gift or tape the bow gently to the wrapping paper.