Keep reading for the healthy recipe.
1 pound fettuccine noodles
1 small garlic clove, chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Dash of pepper
Dash of nutmeg
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil and add the pasta and simmer according to the directions on the box. To make this dish even healthier, use whole wheat noodles.
- Chop the garlic and add it to the boiling water with the pasta. This mellows out the garlic and infuses the pasta with its flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl, invite your child to measure and add the yogurt, salt, and Italian seasoning. Give the mixture a stir.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, turn off the heat, strain, and return the noodles to the hot pot. Add the butter and toss so the pasta is coated.
- Carefully add the pasta to the yogurt mixture and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and give it another toss. Serve with extra cheese and a dusting of salt and pepper and a hint of nutmeg.
Makes four large servings
- Main Dishes, Pasta