Congratulations to Brenda Bennett of Sugar Free Mom, this month's winner of the Cookbook's Blogger Food Challenge! Brenda's winning recipe is a colorful salad of in-season zucchini, lemon zest, fresh herbs, and optional add-ins such as dried fruit and sliced almonds, making it a perfect dish to freshen up a family dinner.
Now's the time to get your fresh zucchini at any farmers market — or any market, for that matter! Or maybe you have a garden and soon you'll have zucchini coming out of your ears, right? This recipe uses four medium zucchini or however many you need to make up 6 cups shredded. Either way, it is soft, luscious, and fresh with a hint of lemon in each bite!
4 medium zucchini, shredded, about 6 cups
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons, or 3 tbsp.
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil and parsley
Optional toppings: dried cherries, sliced almonds, goat cheese
- Shred, dice, or slice zucchini to equal 6 cups total.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over zucchini and fresh basil and parsley, and toss gently.
- Add additional toppings if desired. Keep refrigerated.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes, Salads
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes