- For Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
½ cup sugar
¼ cup grilled onions
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup fig spread
½ cup goat cheese
- For Frosting
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ cup goat cheese
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon fig spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a blender, liquefy eggs, sugar, grilled onions, butter, fig spread, and goat cheese.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just integrated.
- Divide batter evenly between twelve cupcake liners.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly touched.
- Mix the butter and goat cheese until creamy.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Mix in the fig spread.
- Spread on cupcakes.
- Optionally, top with grilled onions.
- Desserts, Cupcakes