Since I've already shared my love for harnesses, check out some common types below – it's possible to find ones that have several features all in one!
- Soft harnesses. Like the Puppia harness seen above, these feature a comfy air-mesh material providing support and ventilation for active pooches.
- Step-in harnesses. For dogs that hate the over-the-head process, hold these harnesses flat and put one front paw in each hole – easy on, easy off!
- Harness Vests. If you don't want to dress up a dog, but still want to give him a festive look, harness vests are, as the name implies, a combo of a harness and a decorative vest.
- K-Style harnesses. These soft harnesses (often microsuede or velvet) are secured with Velcro making them easy to wrap up small pooches that don't tug too much.
- Easy-walk harnesses. Often with a leash ring in the front (not on top of his back), these harnesses rest on the breastbone away from the neck entirely. They're good for training pups not to pull, but require attention to make sure the lead doesn't twist around his head.
To see a widget of these harness types read more