Oh no! Read this problem submitted by PetSugar reader Ludee00 in the PetSugar Q + A group and see if you can offer any tips for her:
I recently rescued a cocker spaniel pup, eight weeks old. I have brought her to the vet five times and he can't seem to find out what is wrong. She seems to scratch all over. It won't wake her up, but it will stop her in her tracks when she is playing or eating. She will just start scratching. I have tried the following:
- She was scraped and no mites or ringworm.
- Tried oatmeal shampoo and Maleseb shampoo.
- Tried a broad antibiotics in case it is bacterial.
- Changed diet to Natural Balance and started adding Vitamin E to food.
- She will bite at her rear and paws and scratch her body, ears and legs. No hair loss or inflamed skin. No appearance of rash or crusty skin.
She will cry from the scratching and it breaks my heart. She is so young, I don't want to try anything too extreme (medication wise). I have no idea what else to do. I have had her for 14 days and she has been to the vet five times, with another appt. this Friday. Any advice would be great.
Help a pup (and owner) out! Share your tips in comments, then submit your own burning pet questions in the forum, too.