Savvy's always helping me save money and stay in the black, and penny pinching often means reusing a costume or even using none at all! Although my pup's got a special getup all ready for tomorrow, there are plenty of ways to transform pieces in your pup's wardrobe – or even your own – into a festive Halloween disguise.
- Prepster: If your furry friend already owns a polo shirt or even some tennis chic pieces, put it on, pop the collar, and you're almost there. Layer it with other preptastic gear (argyle, bow ties, etc.) — I finished North's look off with his very own ascot.
- Pilot: Think Amelia Earhart and put on your furry friend's Doggles and fave scarf. Let her be a high flier while just walking down the street!
- Rockstar: A studded collar and rocker tee make your pooch into a lil celebrity – this concept works best if you can enlist the help of pals to follow your pet around, snapping photos like the paps.
- Snow Bunny: Is the weather chilly? Grab the coziest sweater and layer it with a puffer coat (maybe even some boots) then let your pup pretend he's strolling the slopes of Aspen or Gstaad.
- Superhero: Bandanas are a top pick of those not so into outfitting animals – and nothing says insta-superhero better than a cape! Whether you're using a traditional pattern for him to save the wild, wild West or one of your pretty patterned handkerchiefs to save the country club, a simple addition can get him even more friendly oohs and ahhs on your walkies.
Get three more costume alternatives when you read more.