If your iPhone is like another appendage, then you undoubtedly have apps to organize just about every aspect of your life: calendars, to-do lists, restaurant locators, pedometers, and diet monitors, to name a few. And these days, busy pets are just as lucky. We've rounded up our favorite free iPhone apps for safe and savvy pets and their companions, from medical references to dog-park finders to squeaky toys.
- Map My Dog Walk: You and Fido conquered an awesome hike last Fall, but a few months later, it's tough to remember the route. This app allows you to log your walk routes, share them with friends, and even calculate calories burned!
- Remind My Pet: For any pets on medication, this app keeps track of dosing schedules and emails or texts you when they are due for their next one.
For the rest of the list, keep reading.
- PetVet: No one can provide a proper diagnosis like a trained veterinarian, but if your pet is acting strangely and you're wondering if it's life-threatening, consult Petside's PetVet. A WebMD-like interface for your pets, this app lets you choose your pet's symptoms and offers possible conditions for your vet to investigate.
- Cat Toy: Keep Fluffy occupied with four games: a creepy, crawly spider that multiplies when pawed, a fluttery butterfly, a squeaky mouse, and a vibrating laser pointer. Just make sure she gives your phone back!
- Dog Goes: This dog-park finder allows you to search for dog-friendly outdoor venues by your location, by state, or by zip code. The app provides detailed information about each location (on- or off-leash areas, hours, fees) and includes a database of reviews. Pay $2 for the full version and get 2,500 more parks and 12,000 dog-friendly businesses.
Source: Flickr User trieu88