When it came time to create a gift basket for those animal-loving adults in my life, I immediately thought of the online shop, Uncommon Goods. With a slogan of "find anything but ordinary," it's a great starting place for a unique gift idea. Because cooking (and eating) involves the entire household, next up is a Pet Present Extravaganza wild kitchen basket meant for the whole family! If you want to see what's inside,
- A large serving plate or bowl serves as the "basket" for a kitchen-themed gift, like the 14-inch Ceramic Bird Serving Platter. This pretty handmade design comes in either yellow or blue ($100 each).
- On top of the ceramic dish, I stacked a set of Bad Dog Tumblers. With the words sit, stay, fetch, and come, each pint glass shows a naughty pooch doing the exact opposite ($35 for a set of four).
- After that, get a grip with the Hotheads Oven Mitts. It's not only possible to hold hot and cold plates with the silicone big mouth frog and dog set, they can also put on a mini puppet show while waiting to eat ($20 for a set of two).
- Next up, a kitty and puppy actually work together in the whimsical, pewter Cat and Dog Salad Servers ($55 for a set of two).
- Last, but certainly not least, add the Dog's Best Friend Salt and Pepper Shakers. Made of hand-blown glass, this pepper dog's best friend is appropriately a fire-hydrant salt shaker. ($65 for a set of two).
Stuff with iridescent tissue to prevent jostling, wrap the whole set in cellophane, tie with a bow, and voilà! It's a creative holiday or housewarming present for any animal lover's kitchen!