Let your pup enjoy Thanksgiving with healthy treats that taste just like a delicious pumpkin dessert. And these snacks are easy to make and great for pups of all ages. Nice and crisp on the outside and delightfully soft inside, press into mini muffin cups for a cute doggy treat.
With just enough sweetness thanks to organic pumpkin and coconut oil, a sprinkle of cinnamon gives these treats a nice Thanksgiving kick.
And the recipe makes more than enough treats for your pup, making the rest perfect for sharing with your dog-loving friends this holiday season.
These small bites are seriously tasty and aren't too crunchy, which makes them a lovely treat for older pups.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Measure and add the dry ingredients to a small bowl, and stir to distribute the flour and break up any lumps. Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Now add the pumpkin, egg, coconut oil, and water, stirring until the dough starts pulling together.
- You can line the mini muffin tin with liners or press directly into the pan. Pop in the oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Gently remove the pumpkin bites, and share with your pup this Thanksgiving!
- Pet Treats
- Around 4-dozen bites
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes