North loves his Kong frozen with peanut butter and plain, nonfat yogurt, but seems less interested when it's stuffed with treats. It's hard enough for me to squeeze them in there, so I bet he gets tired of working them out, too. I can never seem to fit more than three of his favorite peanut butter bones in the small style.
After I picked up a medium-sized Kong a couple days ago — recommended for pups 15–35 pounds — I planned a new strategy of fulfillment to maximize the space.
Get my five steps when you
- Step one. Spoon about one-half tablespoon of unsalted peanut butter inside.
- Step two. Add in three small bones (such as P-Nuttier biscuits).
- Step three. If desired, add a couple more special treats like these Fruitables or Sojos Good Dog Treats to switch it up. You should have slightly over half the space still visibly empty.
- Step Four. Next, fill with a combo of kibble and Natural Balance to fit in the cracks.
- Step Five. Look at the small hole on the opposite end – you should add more moist food until you are able to see the peanut butter pushing up at that side. Finish off with one more treat sticking out and you're ready to go!
Keep in mind this is over your pup's daily treat ratio, so save this super stuffed Kong for very special times only!