If you spent Monday through Friday monitoring your spending and trying to be productive and efficient, don't erase all your hard work with a wild weekend of spending. Consider these smart saving tips before you whip out your wallet this weekend.
- The Deal Behind Spending Money to Save Money Gimmicks — Banks offering plans that deposit money into a savings account every time you spend money are encouraging their customers to build up their savings accounts, which is a good thing. But when the Consumer Reports Money Lab researched competing plans, it found that most of them aren't the best solution.
- Cost-Saving and Social Weekend Ideas — When you work so hard all week long, it's tempting to just throw caution to the wind on the weekend and spend your hard-earned money without a plan. I'm all for enjoying your time away from the office, and have come up with nine weekend activities that won't break the bank. Spend less money while enjoying quality time with a friend or two by using one (or more!) of my ideas.
- Put It to the Test: Would It Be Cheaper to Make It Yourself? — Perfecting your Orange Julius skills may not be as productive as it once was, but there is a prudent way to play in the kitchen.
For the rest of my weekend saving tips,
- Remember, It's About the Moments, Not the It-Bags — Lindsay Price reminds us what it's all about.
- Learn How to Do Something New This Weekend — Self-sufficiency is the biggest asset you can have during this down economy. That means not borrowing money from your credit card carrier, but it also includes daily tasks that you often rely on others to complete.
Do you have a great tip for saving on the weekend? Create a PopSugar account or log in to your account, then join the How Do You Save? group and share it! And you never know, it could be featured on SavvySugar! Here's a detailed guide to posting questions or posts to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.