We had quite a hearty discussion going on here and on my Facebook page when I asked you if you ever shushed anyone on the plane for being too loud. So far it looks like it's split 50/50 on this airplane etiquette issue. Here's what readers had to say:
- Sometimes it's hard to shush babies. ;) I try to be more zen, otherwise, and just put on my headphones and ignore everyone else. You can't really shut up people who snore/talk in their sleep *cough*boyfriend*cough*. Besides, you'll probably be on the plane with the person for at least an hour (or up to 13+) so you might as well make it more harmonious. — Nadia S on Facebook.
- I try to mind my own business, but there was definitely a time on a plane where two girls were chatting with each other with an empty seat between them, and they were practically yelling to hear each other. Maybe if I wasn't trying to sleep, I wouldn't have minded so much! — graduatedsqueaks
- Absolutely!!! First I asked a passing flight attendant to do it so as not to appear rude. He would shut up when she was near, but then get loud and crazy again when she moved on. It was becoming offensive because he was cursing and making... — Rebecca B on Facebook.
To find out what others had to say, read on.
- I do it all the time. And in movie theaters as well. I consider it a public service. Some people today can be so rude. — Anonymous
- I have never shushed anyone but I have asked inconsiderate people to stop pushing (or kicking) on the back of my chair.— bluebellknoll
- Luckily I haven't ever had to! — amber512
Want to hear more from me and not miss out on our awesome Facebook discussions? Go to my Facebook page and "like" it, and you'll get updates about my favorite stories of the day!