If you haven't decided which vice to give up for Lent, it's not too late to start. Although many of the bad habits people drop are generally health-related , there are plenty of bad money, career, and life behaviors you can choose to give up. Here are a couple suggestions.
Things to consider giving up for your budget
- Eating out or not setting a food budget.
- Store-bought coffee.
- Using your credit and debit card. Studies have shown that people tend to spend more when using plastic.
- Shopping for unnecessary things.
- Paying full price.
- Delaing working on your taxes.
Things you should stop doing for your career
- Relying on your memory. Instead, start scheduling tasks.
- Working late at the office.
- Pressing the snooze button.
- Procrastinating tasks. But first, you need to learn more about procrastination .
- Being late to work.
- Saying "yes" to everyone and overcommitting. Focus on learning how to prioritize.
- Having a messy desk.
- Multitasking, which makes people less efficient.
Quit these unhealthy habits for a more fulfilling life
- Thinking negative thoughts about yourself or others.
- Being wasteful — start recycling.
- Worrying too much.
- Hoarding. Start decluttering by throwing away these 11 items .
- Nitpicking and nagging the ones you love.
- Putting yourself last. Try giving yourself some "me" time.
- Trying to be perfect.