You probably spend the most time in the bedroom, so why not keep it clean? A clean and organized bedroom can not only improve your mood, but it can also boost productivity. You may be thinking that keeping your bedroom in tip-top shape is a chore — but it really doesn't have to be! By doing quick little things every day to keep the room tidy, you'll never have to spend hours cleaning up a giant mess every weekend — and your weekly and monthly cleanings will become much more manageable. Here's what you can do:
Daily (requires 5 minutes)
- Make your bed as soon as you get up: 2 minutes
- Throw away trash in the trash can: 10 seconds
- Keep your desk clean by returning items to where they belong: 30 seconds
- Put your worn clothes in the hamper, hang them up, or put them back in the closet: 1 minute
Weekly (requires 15 minutes)
- Empty trash can: 30 seconds
- Wipe mirrors and/or windows: 2 minutes. You'll be surprised by how much a clean mirror or window can brighten up the room. You can use wipes, a spray-on cleaner, or even a DIY  glass cleaner .
- Vacuum or sweep the floor: 5-10 minutes. It's generally recommended that you vacuum carpets at least once a week, so don't neglect the vacuum cleaner!
- Wash your bedding: 5 minutes to put in the washer. Follow this guideline on how to wash sheets . If you really want to go the whole nine yards, you can even deep clean your mattress .
Monthly (can take up to 30 minutes)
- Wash your curtains: Be sure to check the labels for washing, drying, and ironing instructions!
- Reorganize your bookshelf, drawers, closet, and desk: The easier things are to find, the less mess you'll make looking for them every day. Take the time to organize them the way you like them.
- Throw away clutter: If you have clothes you don't wear anymore, donate or recycle them. If you have junk you don't need or use, don't hold on to it.