- When to wash your clothes: If you know when to wash your clothes so you're not overwashing them, your clothes will last longer.
- Vinegar wash: Use vinegar as a natural fabric softener and static cling remover.
- Get a rewards card: Use a good credit rewards card to make the most of your spending.
- Bridesmaid budget: Save money on your bridesmaid budget by negotiating with the bride and requesting nonmatching bridesmaid dresses.
- What food you should buy organic: Organic coffee costs $3 more but may be worth buying to stay free of pesticides and chemicals.
- Avoid damaging your couch when cleaning: To avoid damaging your sofa when cleaning it, check the tag. A "W," for instance, indicates that it's OK to clean with water-based solutions. An "S" means that you should only use water-free detergent.
- Two-year rule: Get rid of clothing that you haven't worn in two years to clear clutter from your home.
- Walk to work: Park farther than usual to get some walking time in before work or skip driving and take public transportation instead.
Image Source: Shutterstock