- Indulge in cultural activities: Go to the museum this weekend and get cultured. A study in the Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health found men who take part in cultural activities are more happy and satisfied vs. those who don't.
- Add club soda to fluff up food: To fluff up food like pancakes, waffles, tempura batter, and omelets, use club soda instead of water or milk. It makes the end results fluffier and lighter.
- Consider buying your ring from Costco: A diamond ring costs 58 percent more than its actual value at Tiffany, while another from Costco costs 17 percent under its real value.
- Clean your bathroom in less than 15 minutes: Cleaning every day will also help reduce the time spent cleaning, so you may end up spending only 10 minutes a day cleaning your bathroom once you get into a routine.
- Skip the car rental insurance: One of the most common credit card benefits that people often forget about is that most credit card companies will cover part of your car rental insurance if you book a car with their card. Decline the "collision damage waiver" insurance, and your credit card firm will cover any damage to your car or a theft of your vehicle that might occur during your rental.
- Clean your feather bed at home: Wrap two tennis balls in the socks, add delicate detergent, then tumble dry for 30 minutes.
- Include your maiden name change in the wedding announcement: The wedding announcement is a good place to inform people of your maiden name change.
- Sell your TV on Craigslist: Although people sell their TVs on sites such as Amazon and eBay, the best place to unload them is Craigslist. After all, you can arrange for buyers to pick up a TV themselves, so you don't have to mail it off.
Source: Corbis Images