Get It This Month
- Cookware. The Dealnews staff spotted the most number of cookware deals in the month of November last year and expect to see the same trend this year.
- Tools and hardware. November and December are the best months for deals on tools and hardware. Expect to see "significant discounts on wrench and screwdriver sets, drills, lawn care tools, and more, from stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight Tools, and Sears."
- Apple products. Apple usually gives a five to 10 percent discount on its products during Black Friday. But watch out for 20 percent discounts by third-party sellers such as Amazon, MacMall, and MacConnection, says Dealnews. The deals site also predicts that prices of the iPad 2 could drop to $299.
- Wedding dresses. The last two months of the year are the best time to buy wedding dresses because there's generally a reduction in demand during the holiday season. Demand drops because women are busy shopping for other items during the holidays.
- Candy. Now that Halloween is over and trick-or-treaters have retreated back to their homes with their candy loot, you'll see great prices on candy in stores.
Read on for more great deals.
- Turkey. There will be lots of grocery stores holding promotions that offer a free turkey if you spend a minimum amount of $200 to $400. Although that seems like a hefty number, many stores will let you combine your purchases to meet that amount. Check with your local grocers to see what kind of turkey deals are available.
- HDTVs. Many of the lower-tier brands of HDTVs are expected to "hit record-breaking lows."
- Budget laptops. Dealnews is predicting that prices of budget laptops will drop to lower than the price of a tablet. You may even see prices as low as $179 for budget laptops during Black Friday.
Wait on It
- Toys. Don't be deceived by the Black Friday promotions; toys are actually the cheapest in the two weeks right before Christmas. But you'll still see big discounts on toys and games during Black Friday if you want to get your shopping over and done with.
- Higher-end TVs. If you're looking to splurge on a higher-end TV, wait for December to January, which is when you'll see the lowest prices.
- Winter season clothing. Wait until January for the biggest discounts on cold-weather apparel.
- Tablets. You won't see a lot of discounts on tablets this Black Friday because the tablet market is highly competitive. Further, "it's rumored that each of the manufacturers actually lose money of their production, and hope to make up for it through continued media sales."
- Windows 8 Ultrabook hybrids. Don't expect to see many deals for the Windows 8 Ultrabook hybrids, which are expected to be priced a lot higher than traditional laptops.
Image Source: Shutterstock