Some would say you can't put a price on a chance to meet your favorite celebrity, but fundraising website CharityBuzz begs to differ. The site hosts several online auctions that give everyone a chance to meet their favorite celebrity . . . for a price. Although the cost can be steep, you can take comfort in the fact that the proceeds will go to charity. Here are some of the current celebrity auctions and how much they are going for:
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: This gets you and a friend coffee time from 30 minutes to an hour with Cook at Apple headquarters.
Current highest bid: $90,000
- French Open champion Rafael Nadal: The winner of the auction gets to watch Nadal practice in Majorca, Spain, for one hour, then get a private 30-minute lesson from him.
Current highest bid: $31,000
- Tony Bennett: The winner gets to join Bennett in the Tony Bennett Suite at San Francisco's AT&T Park to watch a Giants game.
Current highest bid: $5,000
- Paula Deen: Winner of this auction gets a cooking lesson from Deen in her Savannah, GA, home.
Current highest bid: $3,250
- Francis Ford Coppola: Grab lunch with acclaimed film director Francis Coppola and winemaker Philippe Bascaules in a Napa winery.
Current highest bid: $4,000
- Russell Simmons: Have an hour-long session with entertainment mogul Simmons.
Current highest bid: $4,750