Instead of tossing your coffee grounds in the trash, give them new life and DIY  these helpful garbage disposal cleaners that leave your sink smelling amazing — especially if you're a coffee-lover! And because you are using used grounds, the little cleaners cost basically nothing to make.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup dry used coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Small mixing bowl
- Rounded measuring spoon or small melon baller
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measure and add the coffee grounds, Epsom salts, and baking soda to the mixing bowl. Along with giving the disposal cleaners a great scent, the coffee grounds also sharpen garbage disposal blades. Baking soda  naturally cleans the disposal, and Epsom salts  break up hard water stains and buildup.
- Slowly add the vinegar — it will bubble when it interacts with the baking soda, which is totally normal. Add a little bit at a time until the mixture resembles wet sand. You can also add vanilla for an extra layer of amazing smell to the little cleaners.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, and use a rounded measuring spoon or melon baller to create the cleaners. Scoop the mixture and then press against the side of the bowl, packing the coffee ground cleaner together, then tap onto the parchment-covered sheet pan. We found a one tablespoon and one teaspoon measuring spoon created cute half rounds. You could also roll small golf-ball shapes with your hands or use a silicone mold instead.
- Let the cleaners dry overnight and then place in a coffee cup next to your sink and use when needed. Just drop one down your drain, turn on your garbage disposal and the water, and enjoy the wonderful smell.
Makes around 30 coffee grounds garbage disposal cleaners. Not a coffee-lover but still want to refresh your garbage disposal? Try making these lemon zest cleaners  or ones made with citrus and rosemary .