- Cover all your bases. If you're up to speed on the different ways to research Cyber Monday deals, then you'll be way ahead of the curve. Bookmark sites like CyberMonday.com, download apps like TGI Cyber Monday, sign up for newsletters to alert you on the upcoming sales, and follow stores on Twitter and Facebook for potentially exclusive social-media deals.
- Research products, not just prices. It may sound obvious, but researching items is essential before the big day rolls around. One of the downfalls about the Cyber Monday is that you can't test or see a product in person; knowing as much as you can by talking to friends who own the items or reading vetted online reviews is key.
- Take advantage of reward points. Last year, many companies offered ways to maximize travel reward points on Cyber Monday. Shop certain deals to get you that much closer to a much-needed vacation.
- Remember shipping costs. When you spot an amazing deal, it's easy to forget about the shipping fees. Make sure you know ahead of time which sites offer free shipping, or compare shipping prices so you don't overspend.
- Beware of scams. Cyber Monday isn't just a holiday for shoppers — scammers love it, too. Only give up your credit card information to trusted, established sites, and don't fall prey to any fishy emails that offer too-good-to-be-true deals.
Image Source: Shutterstock