Stop the itch with this helpful after-bite treatment that will take away the sting and the incessant need to scratch. Made with soothing baking soda, the paste soothes skin while easing irritation. Mix together small batches of this all-natural salve and tuck in your bag when heading to outdoor gatherings. And this after-bite itch treatment costs just about nothing to make.
Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon water
- 10 drops mint essential oil (optional)
- Measure and add the baking soda to a small bowl, which is the base of the after-bite itch ointment. Baking soda helps neutralize the sting of the bug bite, stopping that need to itch.
- Now add the aloe vera gel and witch hazel and give a stir to incorporate. Aloe vera soothes the skin and witch hazel is a natural antiseptic, which treats the bite.
- Add the water and stir until the mixture resembles a smooth paste. You can also add up to 10 drops of mint essential oil, which adds a fresh scent and also a bit of a tingly sensation to the treatment.
- To use, simply rub a bit of the paste over itchy areas and let dry, then brush or wipe away. Use as often as needed or add to a hot bath to treat all-over bug-bite itch.