Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon water
- 10 drops mint essential oil (optional)
- Measure and add the baking soda to a small bowl, which is the base of the after-bite itch ointment. Baking soda helps neutralize the sting of the bug bite, stopping that need to itch.
- Now add the aloe vera gel and witch hazel and give a stir to incorporate. Aloe vera soothes the skin and witch hazel is a natural antiseptic, which treats the bite.
- Add the water and stir until the mixture resembles a smooth paste. You can also add up to 10 drops of mint essential oil, which adds a fresh scent and also a bit of a tingly sensation to the treatment.
- To use, simply rub a bit of the paste over itchy areas and let dry, then brush or wipe away. Use as often as needed or add to a hot bath to treat all-over bug-bite itch.