Click here to see how to make them.
What You'll Need:
- 1 mason jar and lid
- 1 1-pound cardboard sugar container or a 26-ounce cardboard salt container
- Black marker
- Hot-glue gun
- Acrylic paint and paintbrush (optional)
- For this DIY, you can use either a sugar or salt top for creating really cute seasoning shakers. And if you've got a mason jar begging to be repurposed, then there's no cost for this fun project! Otherwise, mason jars come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased at your local grocery store for only a few dollars.
- Using scissors, carefully remove the top from the container.
- Now place the mason-jar lid on top of the cutaway cardboard container top, and trace around it using a black marker.
- Carefully cut around the black marker, creating a round that will pop right into the mason-jar lid. Trim as needed until the cut top fits nice and snug.
- Secure the cut lid within the metal rim using a few drops of hot glue. Avoid using too much, which will make it hard to twist the lid back on the jar.
- Once the hot glue has set, fill the jar, and screw on your new shaker lid. If you used a salt top, then paint the cardboard with acrylic paint for a finished look.
- Create labels using stickers for your new seasoning shakers to remind yourself what's stored in jars, or use homemade chalkboard paint to create a painted label for noting what's inside.