Stains are the worst, and trying to find the perfect cleaner isn't easy. Some work for one type of stain while leaving others. And name-brand mark removers can be expensive! Try mixing together your own to use for tackling tough stains with ingredients you probably already have on hand. And this stain remover only costs pennies to make.
What You'll Need:
- Small mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup dishwashing liquid
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- 6 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Funnel (optional)
- Small spray bottle
- Gently whisk together the dish soap and baking soda into a paste. Your favorite dish soap does an amazing job lifting oil-based stains, while baking soda naturally lifts and removes tough marks.
- Slowly add the rubbing alcohol and then the warm water. Rubbing alcohol erases stains without discoloring materials. Pour the stain remover into a small spray bottle using a funnel as needed, give a shake, and it's ready to use!
- The next time you find yourself dealing with a mess, spray on the remover, gently rub the fabric, and let set for 20 minutes before tossing in the wash. We put ours to the test against our favorite name-brand remover with dirt, oil, and ketchup stains.
- Wash as normal, and enjoy the stain-fighting abilities of your DIY spray!