Check out the directions after the jump.
What You'll Need:
- Cotton t-shirt
- Select a t-shirt for making your bag. Any size works wonderfully, even child-size shirts.
- Place the shirt on your work table and cut off the sleeves right along the shoulder seams.
- Turn the t-shirt inside out and position the tee flat on your work table with the bottom seam closest to you. Arrange the bottom edges together and begin cutting vertical slits from the bottom, cutting about two inches deep and one-half inch apart. You can use a ruler to keep your cuts even.
- Now make a vertical cut along each side seam, also around two inches deep.
- Working from one side, start knotting the top to the bottom by tying a set of cuts together. Double knot to create a nice and secure base for your bag.
- Turn your new t-shirt bag right side out, and you're ready to hit the market.