Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup olive, vegetable, or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 20 drops eucalyptus oil
- 20 drops peppermint oil
- 20 drops rosemary oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- You can use any type of oil for making the rub, but we found coconut oil created a nice, solid salve that wasn't too oily. Melt with the help of a double boiler, and then add the beeswax until the mixture has come together. Stir, and then remove from heat.
- Now add the essential oils and honey, giving the salve a stir to incorporate all the good smells. The honey adds a soothing scent and also just a touch of added moisturizing benefits to the salve.
- Carefully pour into small containers, and let set. Once cool, use as needed. And this mixture is safe to use for congested little kiddies too! The rub gives a tingling sensation while emitting vapors that breaks up stuffy noses.
Makes 4 ounces of vapor rub.