You might not always think about it, but adding your walls to your cleaning routine is a smart way to keep your paint looking its best. Instead of lugging around a soapy bucket and sponge for scrubbing, DIY your own all-natural cleaner that does an awesome job. Use it on scuffs and messy hand marks or to give walls a deep cleaning as needed. And you can even add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to leave a lovely scent.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon Borax
- Spray bottle
- Funnel (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Add the Borax to the spray bottle, using a funnel as needed. Borax is actually a laundry booster but is also tough on grease and other stains, making it a great addition to this cleaner. Add the liquid dish soap, which also tackles marks, and top with the vinegar. It might bubble a bit, which is totally fine. The vinegar is a natural disinfectant, whisking away set-in scents.
- Top with hot water, and give a gentle swirl to mix the ingredients together. You can also drip in 10 drops of your favorite essential oil, personalizing the cleaner.
- Screw on the spray top, and you're ready to start cleaning. To use, spritz over the walls, and wipe with a soft cloth.
Makes 16 ounces of wall cleaner that also works wonderfully on countertops and laminate floors.