Saving money is a means to getting the things you want in life — whether it be a tropical vacation, a new lust-worthy bag, or maybe even early retirement! Developing a savings plan takes the burden off of saving and turns the seemingly impossible into possibilities. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Factor splurges into your budget to prevent any guilt from indulging.
- Make a budget that reflects the way you actually — not ideally — spend money.
- Create lists to help you stick to your budget when shopping.
- Keep track of your spending for at least a week to see where you're spending your money. Then, use your spending journal to find ways to save.
- Pay yourself first by setting aside five to 10 percent of each paycheck in your savings account.
Total Deposits at Washington Mutual are FDIC insured. Thank you to WaMu for sponsoring this post.