We learned how to buy designer jeans for less from Glamour's article called "25 Ways to Live Rich on Less Money," and here are a few of its other little money tidbits that might come in handy. Do you already use any of these tips?
- Take out $10 on Monday for extras like snacks and gum. Limiting yourself to that amount will make you think harder about your purchases.
- Plant a vegetable garden to cut grocery expenses.
- Take the extra time to never pay retail. If you know there's something you want to buy, first do a coupon search on coupons.com or retailmenot.com.
- Get your hair done at a beauty school instead of a salon.
- Organize a seasonal clothes swapping party with girlfriends to cut down on clothes spending.