- Raul Vazquez, Walmart.com CEO: Hiring for everything from engineering to marketing.
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook: Hiring for engineering, sales, design, and more.
- Aaron Patzer, founder and CEO of Mint.com: Hiring for engineering, customer service, and marketing.
- Matthew Flannery and Premal Shah, Kiva: This a person-to-person, microlending website is hiring for engineering, office management, and more.
- Rio Caraeff, president and CEO of VEVO: The yet-to-be-launched music video site is hiring for everything, from ad sales to music programming.
- Meredith Whitney, financial analyst: Hiring for research, sales, and more.
- Charles Best, founder and CEO of DonorsChoose.org: Hiring for engineers.
- Max Levchin, founder of Slide: The social networking app creator is hiring for everything, but especially product managers and designers.
Do any of the people or companies on this list surprise you? Would you consider applying to work for any of these up-and-coming businesses?