It seems that quite a few of you found last week's guide to free weekend activities useful, so I decided to make five more suggestions for you, because we do all love freebies. Check them out and have a fun money-free weekend!
- Join Meetups: Want to make friends with people who share your own interest? Join Meetup.com, a social networking site that helps people meet up in real life. You can choose anything from networking with professionals in your field to meeting up with fellow doggy owners.
- Read Books: Hang around a bookstore or a library and take your time to really savor and enjoy a good book. Be adventurous — pick a topic that you don't know much about and start exploring a whole new world you didn't know much about. You can also take the time to reread some well-loved books you have lying around the house. It's amazing how fast hours fly by when you have a book in your hands.
- Organize Book Clubs: Loved the most recent book you read? Pass it along to friends and organize a book club so you can gather around and share your thoughts with people who share the same interests. If your pals aren't up to it, organize a book club on Meetup.com or on Facebook.
For more fun things to do this weekend, read on!
- Window-Shopping: Sometimes I just love window-shopping with friends and it's always fun to exchange remarks with each other. I actually went bargain window-shopping with some friends last weekend, and it's such a great way to spend time with friends and it can also be a good chance for you to check out new neighborhoods.
- Spa Treatments: Don't blow all your cash at a nail salon, trade spa services with a friend. Give a manicure and get a facial in return. Look online for some cool techniques for spa treatments such as massage styles and facial ingredients.
- Catch Up With Loved Ones: Been out of touch with a certain someone or someones? Give them a call this weekend to see how they're doing and catch up on what's been going on in your life.