The things you do right before bed can have a big impact on your life. It's a great time to start a daily ritual, because the day is winding down and you're not rushing around to get things done.
- Read a self-improvement book: Pick one of these life-changing self-improvement books as some nighttime reading before you doze off. If you pick something too exciting, such as a fantasy or mystery novel, you might not be able to put it down before bed.
- Brush and floss: Brushing and flossing your teeth has a huge impact on your health. Unhealthy gums can lead to serious conditions, such as heart and respiratory disease. Further, you'll have a higher chance of losing your teeth as you age if you don't start brushing and flossing. Here are other scary conditions you may suffer from if you don't pick up better dental habits.
- Get ready for the next day: Prepare all your things the night before — your lunch and outfit — so you're not scrambling around in the morning.
- Stretch: Stretching is a good habit to pick up. Not only is it better for your joints and flexibility, but it can also help with your sleep.
- Go to bed 15 minutes early: Try this simple trick — go to bed 15 minutes earlier than you plan to. People aren't getting enough sleep, and sleep deprivation can have serious effects on your health and productivity. By going to bed earlier, you can change long-engrained habits and stop procrastinating going to sleep.
- Wear your retainer: If you had braces or Invisalign, don't reverse the good work of your orthodontist by forgetting to wear your retainer. You spent a lot of money on your pearly whites, so don't let all that time and money go to waste.
- Remove your makeup: You may be too tired to take off your makeup, but you need to start putting it into practice if you want healthy skin. Leaving makeup on overnight clogs your pores and prevents sebum, a natural serum your skin secretes to moisturize itself, from working properly. This can also lead to acne. If you don't clean your face before you sleep, the free radicals from the environment that latch onto you during the day stay on your skin overnight, which can lead to a breakdown in collagen, thus resulting in fine lines.
- Write down what you're grateful for: Name one to three things you're grateful for every night in a notebook, and it'll help you think more positively. Gratitude is known to be a really powerful tool that can help you appreciate the things you take for granted. It's so easy to focus on the negative in your day and forget or dismiss the positive. By calling attention to the good, you can change how your mind works.
- Meditate: Meditating is a great ritual to take up. It helps decreases stress levels and give you a peace of mind. It will help you with your impulses and reactions to stressful events. The benefits of meditating are endless and include better memory, more creativity, and less anxiety.