Get It This Month
- Halloween costumes. Although you'll probably get a better deal post-Halloween, there are still some decent costume sales going on, according to Dealnews. To start with, BuyCostumes has a 15 percent off coupon available. It's also better to order the costumes now, rather than wait and have to pay an expensive rush-delivery fee. But, of course, there's also something to be said for homemade Halloween costumes.
- Plants. If you're looking to add a little greenery to your home, then now's the time to buy "shrubbery, floral bulbs, and other plants."
- Cars. New car models were released last month, so this month is a good time to get deals on last year's models.
Wait on It
- Winter apparel. The best discounts on winter apparel will come in January. There also will be a lot of coupons available around Black Friday, so you may be able to use those on cold-weather clothing.
- New electronics. Black Friday is the best time to buy electronics, so hold off on your buys until then.
- Cookware. November is a better time to buy cookware; you will see 25 percent more cookware and appliance deals next month, says Dealnews.
- Big appliances. You should see better sales on big appliances like refrigerators and washers next month.