If you still have a few things you haven't checked off your shopping list after Labor Day shopping, be on the alert for certain items that tend to go on sale in September. Dealnews, a site that scours the web for great sales, shares the best and worst deals to expect this month.
Get it this month
- Bedding. Take note of bedding deals, as those tend to be very strong this month. There are good discounts on mattresses as well.
- Coffee. On National Coffee Day, Sept. 29, many chains will offer free coffee. So keep your eyes peeled for special promotions.
- Older iPhone models. If the iPhone 5 is announced this month as many are expecting, the older models will probably see a slash in pricing. Dealnews says the iPhone 4s can even drop to $99 if they follow old pricing patterns.
- Airfare. The cheapest airfare was seen in late September last year when airlines offered some of their best prices such as $1 one-way tickets on Spirit and Vision airlines and $29 one-way tickets for JetBlue.
- Solid State Drives. SSDs are a great bargain and will continue to be so. Newegg.com is a good source to hunt for SSD deals.
- Sunglasses. Sales for sunglasses start this month but will go to the end of the year.
Wait on It
- Jeans. Sales for jeans will start this month, but Dealnews says you will see steeper discounts in October.
- Patio furniture. Although September is a good month for patio furniture deals, prices are expected to drop to their lowest next month.
- HDTVs. The best HDTV deals will most likely be seen in November during the holidays.
- Ivy Bridge-Based Laptops. Wait a few more weeks for prices on Ivy Bridge-Based laptops to drop while Microsoft prepares for its Windows 8 launch in late October.