Make washing your hands a hair-raising experience with soaps that contain spooky things perfect for stocking in bathrooms this Halloween . And these cute soaps also make fun gifts for your creepy friends. You can use ends of glycerin soaps or pick up a few fresh ones at your local grocery store for just around $1 each.
What You'll Need:
- 4-ounce bar of clear glycerin soap
- Small saucepan
- Small metal bowl
- Wooden skewer
- Plastic bugs, skeletons, or body parts
- Silicon mold or muffin tin
- Fill the small saucepan with around one cup of water and position the small metal bowl over the top, creating a homemade double boiler . Set the heat to medium and add the soap to the bowl. One bar of glycerin soap makes four minisoaps, so use as many as you want for creating a few soaps — or tons.
- Place small plastic items in a silicone mold, or even a muffin tin, that you want to be floating in the Halloween hand soaps. If using a muffin tin, give it a light greasing to help the soaps release easier once finished. You can even trim items as needed so they fit. Once the soap has melted, remove from heat, and use a ladle to cover soaps. If any spooky bugs get out of place, use a wooden skewer to reposition and hold down.
- Let the soaps harden overnight, then pop out of the molds. If using a muffin tin, running the end of a knife around the sides will help them release. Enjoy the fun soaps around your home or give as a cool Halloween gift.