After looking at the results of the Are You a Penny-Pincher? quiz, I discovered that SavvySugar readers are smart about their money, but not to the point of penny-pinching. Here are some of the more interesting results:
- Maximizing Buffets: A third of you said you skip meals before a buffet to eat more, while 43 percent of you say you never do that. About 23 percent of you say you do it occasionally. Maybe it depends on how good the buffet is going to be?
- Taking Freebies: 23 percent of readers said they take more than one freebie, while 26 percent said they don't. The rest of you say you do indulge occasionally and sometimes take more than one freebie! Mmm, there's nothing like free candy!
For more penny-pinching results, read after the jump.
- Free Trials: According to poll results, 41 percent of you said you sign up for services to only cancel them after the free trial is over. 37 percent of respondents say they refrain from signing up for services if they know they are going to cancel them after the free trial is up.
- One Cup For a Few Hours: Most of you — 64 percent — said you were not taking advantage of the cafe's free WiFi by hogging the table and only buying one cup of coffee.
- Loving Coins: I found that a lot of my guy friends don't keep their coins (most of their wallets don't even have coin pockets!), so I wondered if SavvySugar readers do the same as well. Turns out, an overwhelming 88 percent of you say you don't throw away your coins. In fact, reader inlove23 said, "I hate pennies, but one time I got over a hundred bucks out of a piggy bank."
- Coupon Crazy: Yay! 60 percent of you use coupons while 32 percent of you use them occasionally. To the eight percent who never use coupons, read these tips on how to navigate the world of online coupons.
People prefer to penny pinch in different ways — is there anything you do that may be considered stingy?