Car seats can be big collectors of gunk, food bits, and spills. Give your car seats a quick cleaning that will leave them free of stains and smelling fresh. Pick a bright day to harness the power of the sun to speed-dry your clean car seats. Finish with a spritz of linen spray for a really fresh vehicle.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons dish soap
- 2 tablespoons washing soda
- 2 cups hot water
- Mixing bowl
- Cleaning brush
- Clean towel
- Linen spray (optional)
- Start by giving your seats a quick vacuum, or gently wipe with the dry cleaning brush to remove any bits and also give the fabric a bit quick refreshing.
- Mix together the cleaning solution to use on your seats. Dish soap is so gentle, lifting grease stains while refreshing the fabric, and washing soda is also a cleaning booster that leaves your seats happy. And both are safe to use on fabrics. Add the hot water, and give it a quick whisk.
- Lightly dip the cleaning brush in the mixture, and then work over car seats in a circular motion. You're not looking to soak the fabric — just slightly dampen it to lift any stains. This also helps to remove any pilling from the upholstery.
- Wipe the car seat with a towel, and continue working until all seats have been cleaned. Lower the windows, and let air dry.
- Finish by giving your car another vacuuming using the hose attachment, and then spritz with linen spray . You'll love your wonderfully smelling vehicle!
Want more car DIYs? Check out our car-cleaning list .