As previously mentioned, Glamour got seriously savvy with its June issue and collected some hard numbers about the spending habits of most women. The one finding that came as a surprise to me is the number of women who don't talk about spending with their partner, but a couple of them actually made me feel validated in my own habits — particularly the one about eating out as the hardest spending habit to break. Do you see yourself in any of these numbers?
- Forty percent of women say they've never talked about their spending habits with their partner
- Fifteen percent of women put everyday purchases on credit
- Fifty-five percent of women younger than 30 consider themselves bargain hunters
- Thirty-six percent of women say they spend more than they can afford — at least sometimes
- Forty-one percent of women ages 17 to 26 spend more than $100 on a pair of jeans
- Forty-nine percent of women say eating out or getting takeout is the hardest spending habit to break
- $450 is the average amount that a young single woman making about $34,000 spends on alcohol each year