Even if you didn’t make (or stick to) any Savvy resolutions this new year, or didn’t manage to give up a spendy habit for Lent, it’s never too late to clean up your finances and get yourself on the right track. Spring finally arrives this Sunday, so take some time this week to Spring clean your finances and start the season off right. Not sure where to start? Read on for a few ideas.
- Set up a filing system for your financial docs, or clean out old papers and reorganize your current system.
- Sit down and work out a budget — for real this time — and start sticking to it.
- Reevaluate your monthly subscriptions — including your cell phone and cable plans — and cut what you’re not using, or downgrade where necessary.
- Come up with a concrete plan for paying down your debt, and put it into action this month.
- If you’ve been thinking about going cash-only for your daily expenditures, start now. Take out enough cash to cover your non-essentials for the next month, and make yourself stick to it.
What are your savvy Spring cleaning tips?