Although you may associate saving money with activities outside of the home, there's plenty of things you can do at home to pad up your bank account as well. Now that Labor day is over, it means that Summer has officially ended — and a new season is always a great time for renewal in your life, work, or at home. Focus on your home this month, and follow these tips:
- Create your own cleaning products: Quit buying cleaning products, and whip up a batch of cleaning products that can last you for months. Here are some recipes for cleaners that will cost you just a few cents to make.
- Make small home repairs: Instead of calling in a handyman for small repairs in your home, you can tackle these minor home improvements on your own.
- Decorate without spending (much) money: There are ways to decorate your apartment without spending any or much money. First, check out all these great places to buy affordable home decor pieces. Then, you can rearrange your furniture to make your home look like new.
- Make it look bigger: There are a lot of visual tricks you can use to make your home look bigger without getting a room upgrade, such as opting for different furniture.
- Declutter your home: Start removing clutter from your home, because items you're not using are taking up valuable space. Check out this list of over a hundred things you should throw away.