- Plan inexpensive activities — With Spring comes nicer weather and more reasons to get outside. So instead of heading to an expensive lunch or dinner, go for a hike and put together a picnic or host a potluck.
- Learn something new — Rather than shop the weekend the way, learn to do something new. Try your hand at a new craft that doesn't involve dipping into your wallet.
- Save big when you head out — Obviously, dinner and drinks at home is bound to save some cash, but if you can't resist grabbing drinks with the girls, do a little research and find out where the deals are before you hit happy hour. Take advantage of the sites that offer discounts and coupons for drinks, apps, and dinner — you might find some of your favorite local spots have special offers to save you cash.
Get more tips to save on your weekend after the jump.
- Shop the deals at warehouse clubs — If you're planning to host a get-together or even just stocking up on weekly groceries, head to warehouses to score some major discounts.
- Mix High- and Low-End to Save — A good practice for the weekend — and always — is to balance your spending by saving where you can. Mix the best of high- and low-end, and you'll find you can save without total deprivation or going overboard. Just stay centered and in control.