Happy Saturday, savvy savers! We know it's been a full week at the office, and while it's tempting to totally unwind and let go on the weekend, there's one thing we should always be mindful of — our spending. Just to make sure you're practicing all your smart savings strategies during the weekend, here's a few tips to keep your mind on your money and still have a good time.
- Plan Inexpensive Fun — Activities on the cheap can still be just as fun with a crew of friends. Get outside and enjoy the weather or host a game night; just pick social activities that don't require digging into your wallet.
- Maximize Your Memberships — Take advantage of the memberships you already have. That could mean access to a yoga class at your gym, or catching up on your unwatched Netflix.
- Save on Dinner Out — If a meal out with your sweetie or the girls is what you're craving this weekend, do it smart. Research restaurants with promotions; you'll be surprised by the places in your neighborhood that may be offering discounts on everything from drinks to dessert.
Get the rest of my weekend savings tips after the jump.
- Learn Something New — Broaden your interests and your skills when you learn to do something new. Grab a couple of friends and learn how to make a new dish or even teach each other to sew. Each of these little hobbies might save you on bigger expenses like the cost of a fancy dinner.
- Make a Little Cash on the Side — Get in gear this weekend and make some extra cash — it's as easy as starting a blog or de-cluttering your apartment.