Weekend is your time to relax and wind down, but it's also really easy to overspend and lose track of your budget when you're having a good time. Don't get carried away with the weekend fun and remember to keep these tips in mind:
- Use Your Coupons: Sure, you might think online coupons like FreshGuide and Groupon will save you big bucks, but it's really easy to just leave them to waste in your account. Take this weekend as a chance to finally make use of those deals!
- Learn Something New: You don't always have to spend money to have fun. Why not pick up a skill this weekend or practice one you already have! As for me, I think I'm going to work on my language skills this weekend.
- Marketing Time: I've shared with you some saving tips from Disney Princesses, but take a page from Jasmine's book this Saturday or Sunday and explore a flea or farmers market. You can find great bargains, and haggle at the same time, too!
For more weekend tips, read on!
- Polish Up Your Money Know-how: The best thing to do with all your free time is to feed your brain more personal finance knowledge. Browse through archives at SavvySugar, read some personal finance books, or if you still have a lingering money question that you can't find the answer to, pose that question in my Ask Savvy or Savvy Confessions group. The community and I will weigh in and tackle your problems!
- Mixing High- and Low-End: You don't have to be a scrooge to save money — you can have the finer things in life if you penny pinch in some areas, but spend more in others. Take a look at some examples of how to mix in the high-end with the low-end.