- Try one of nine ways to save and be social — Getting together with friends doesn't have to mean big dinners and fancy restaurants. Get outside and organize a barbecue, a potluck, or a game night.
- Shop where the deals are — Club warehouses really are full of some great low-cost finds. So, with your extra free time this weekend, stock the house on essentials and groceries for a whole lot less.
- Learn to do something new — Instead of spending on unnecessary items, learn how to do something valuable. Teach yourself to sew or cook a favorite recipe, and learn a little more self-sufficiency to save you later on.
Get the rest of my cost-saving weekend tips after the jump.
- Maximize your memberships — Rather than digging into your wallet, take advantage of resources you already have. Consider getting a group together for yoga at your gym or unwind and catch up on your Netflix queue.
- Become a high- and low-end mix master — This weekend, and always, let the rules of mixing high and low keep you from excessive spending.