- Carry Cash Only — For starters, go cash only and keep your spending limited to the money you have in your wallet — no credit card charges allowed.
- Calculate a Purchase in Hours Worked — Break down any prospective purchases in terms of hours worked. Believe me, you'll start to think twice before splurging when you think how many hours you've worked for that paycheck.
- Try One of My Cost-Saving Social Ideas — By now, Spring is full effect. So, take advantage of the outdoors; plan a hike, a walk, or a picnic with friends and forget browsing the mall altogether.
For more weekend saving ideas, keep reading.
- Cool Off Before You Commit to Spending — If you can't avoid the shops, then shop smart. If you're smitten with an item, wait a bit. Put it on hold and think about it — you might just find that with a little distance it wasn't worth your money.
- Maximize Your Memberships — Cash in on the fun resources you already have. Take advantage of a fitness class at the gym with friends or a Netflix movie marathon at home for a change.