Here's how to scent your home.
What You'll Need:
- Coffee filter
- Orange, lemon, or apple peels
- Ground or whole peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon
- Ends of fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme
- Raisins, dates, or apple slices
- Cotton string
- Small saucepan
- Gather the ingredients for making your spice bag. Really, just about anything that smells good works. And it's a great opportunity to clean out your spices. For scenting your home, cinnamon sticks, orange peels, lemon ends, and rosemary create a really homey Fall smell.
- Pull together the edges of the coffee filter, and secure with a length of cotton string. Now bring a pot of water to a simmer, and pop in the coffee filter packet.
- Once things get going, your home will smell amazing! And you can keep adding water, which makes the simmered spice smell last all day. Pull out the packet when you're done, and save it for another day.