- Sure. I would give congratulations hugs, thank you hugs (for presents), happy holiday hugs, etc. Of course, I would take those hugs, too. — GlowingMoon
- I hug my co workers, but I also consider my co-workers my friends. — runningesq
- Sure. If you have known the person for awhile, it's their birthday, getting married, leaving the company or having a baby...nothing wrong with any of those scenarios. — PJEdge
- Just punch them on the shoulder and say, "Way to go!" If it's one of my very close friends at work then it might be OK. — JessRose
- I am pretty close with most of my co-workers but we're not really huggers. I guess when one of us leaves or something we would hug, but just randomly? No. — dani17731
- I personally have a no touch policy. I don't like co-workers/bosses touching me, especially if I don't know them well. — Anonymous
Got a sensitive workplace etiquette question? Share it in our Ask Savvy group.
Image Source: Thinkstock