It's the first day of Facebook trading on the stock market, and the company is valued to be over $100 billion dollars. In the spirit of all things Facebook, here are a couple of interesting facts that you may not have known about your favorite social media network:
- The company that's been valued at over $100 billion dollars was started from Mark Zuckerberg's dorm room in Harvard. Yep, that part of the movie is true.
- The original Facebook logo up until 2007 used to have a cloudy image of a man. The book The Facebook Effect has revealed the "man" to be a photo of Al Pacino that Zuckerberg's classmate Andrew McCollum edited and manipulated.
- Facebook has 901 million monthly active users, with 526 million who use Facebook at least once a day as of March, according to Facebook's fact page.
- Countries that block Facebook include China, Iran, Uzbekistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
- Eminem has the most popular celebrity page on Facebook with over 57 million likes, beating Rihanna and Lady Gaga.
- In 2011, Zuckerberg became a vegetarian, according to his Facebook timeline history.
- There were only two women among Facebook's first 20 employees.